The recently concluded 2016 Whitehouse Correspondents’ Dinner is Obama’s last and his humor will definitely be missed. Though critics say Obama’s jokes this year were unable to top those in his 2011 speech where he launched several jabs on his number one critic Donald Trump. That speech immortalized the Obama Jokes. He made fun of Trump’s obsession with his citizenship and how Trump exhibited his decision-making skills in several episodes of the Celebrity Apprentice. The best part was when Obama said, while looking at Trump who was with the audience, that he will show everyone a video of his actual birth. Then as everyone was focusing on the screen, a clip from Lion King was played. That said, his jokes this year are still quite funny and below are the most hilarious parts.
1. It has been an honour and a privilege to work side by side with you to strengthen our democracy. With that I just have two more words to say: Obama out. (He then proceeds to put two of his fingers together and drops the microphone.)
2. I also would like to acknowledge some of the award-winning reporters that we have with us here tonight. Rachel McAdams, Mark Ruffalo, Liev Schreiber. Thank you all for everything you have done. I’m just joking. As you know, Spotlight is a film, a movie about investigative journalists with the resources and the autonomy to chase down the truth and hold the powerful accountable. Best fantasy film since Star Wars.
3. The Republican establishment is incredulous that he is their most likely nominee. Incredulous. Shocking. They say Donald lacks the foreign policy experience to be president. But in fairness, he has spent years meeting with leaders from around the world: Miss Sweden, Miss Argentina, Miss Azerbaijan.
Barack Obama took a hilarious jab at Donald Trump while taping his Thursday appearance on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” Read More…
And there is one area where Donald’s experience could be invaluable and that’s closing Guantanamo because Trump knows a thing or two about running waterfront properties into the ground. Alright, that is probably enough. I mean I’ve got more material. No, no, no.
4. Helen Mirren is here tonight. I don’t even have a joke here, I just think Helen Mirren is awesome. She’s awesome.
5. But the prospect of leaving the White House is a mixed bag. You might have heard that someone jumped the White House fence last week, but I have to give the Secret Service credit. They found Michelle and brought her back. She’s safe back at home now. It’s only nine more months, baby. Settle down.
6. I know I was a little late tonight. I was running on CPT, which stands for jokes that white people should not make.
Donald Trump certainly knows how to lead a boardroom, but can he lead from the Oval Office? Former Celebrity Apprentice contestants (including Brandi Glanville, Ian Ziering, Stephen Baldwin and others) share their thoughts in the new issue of Us Weekly about why the front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination will — or won’t — be getting their votes in the 2016 election! Read More…